Sunday, December 17, 2017

Grown up Christmas List

As the holiday draws near, I become quiet inside. There's a PEACE about Christmas. It seems the world takes a collective sigh from its normal hustle and bustle and perhaps, without even knowing it, we unite. For some, it's the holiness of Christmas. For others, there seems to be just a little more kindness around them that causes them to pause and appreciate others.

Christmas seems to spread a kind of 'calm' to Christians and non-Christians alike. I struggle to find eloquent words to describe it, but it is palpable.

My wish, my grown up Christmas list, is for the holiness of the season to reach the hearts of all. That the days bring wonder, peace, faith, and hope. As a Christian, I pray that everyone takes a moment and connects with Christ; the reason for the season. Without Him, this Holy-day would just be a day.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Parsley I agree with you. I hate seeing people rushing around, caught up in the madness of "getting ready", but not preparing their hearts to receive Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post with lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that would be! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I left a comment here - hmmmph.

    Merry belated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Christmas was beautiful; you certainly do know the Reason for the season.

    ReplyDelete