Thursday, January 4, 2018

Valentine's Day is Coming

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and New Year celebration! We had a peaceful Christmas. The prime rib I cooked was amazing! The main thing I learned is to monitor the internal temperature for the perfect done-ness. Now the New Year has come, Christmas items are on clearance and they are putting up Valentines on the store shelves.

I miss exchanging Valentines. Every year in school, there would be friends exchanging cards, secret admirers sending items to a potential girlfriend/boyfriend, or if nothing else, some extra candy around from teachers and friends.

Much to my dismay, my daughter, who was born on Valentine's Day, does not like pink or red so I can't spoil her like I wish I could on that day since most items are of that color scheme. HA!

Have you noticed how few items there are to cross stitch that are Valentine themed? I wish more designers would consider this holiday.

If I get some interest, maybe I can host a Valentine exchange at some point. I mean...we all like surprises, right?!

Visiting blogs now. Best wishes on your New Year and always.

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!!!!

    Valentine's Day stuff is on the shelves at the local supermarket (already). Not having a Valentine - I pretty much have a non-event.

    So glad your prime rib went well - gosh it is an expensive meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One who has a friend, always has a Valentine :)

      Delete
  2. Count me in for a Valentine exchange....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about your new blog on Gracie's blog and just had to check in with you. It's good to hear from you again and I'm looking forward to reading your posts this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'll be stopping by your blog and visiting too...

      Delete
  4. I had to smile - as soon as my daughter was able to voice her opinion (too many years ago to count), we were finished with dresses, pink, and lace. Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I remember you, sweet friend.,,

      Delete
  5. I came over from Gracie too! I host an online Valentine's Blog Hop every year. If you'd like to be part of that please send me an email to joanneperry179@gmail.com
    You just send me a photo of a stitched piece, so it could be an older one from your previous stitching life. Then I send you a photo someone else has sent in, you show it on your blog and we all hop round trying to guess who sent which piece!

    ReplyDelete